| Details :
||Orchids of Great Beauty and Royal Names
1. Cattleya Queen Sirikit is an Orchid from Bangkok & Flory Ltd. Co., of the United Kingdom and was registered under the name of "Exquisite" and won an Award of Merit from the U.K. Royal Horticultural Society. The Company was granted a royal permission to name this beautiful orchid after Queen Sirikit of Thailand.
Flowers: single white flower or clusters of 1-4 flowers per stem with oval triangular shape sepals and 5 petals being fringed on the edges. In the middle of each inner petal is a golden patch. This orchid produces flowers all year round and has a slight fragrant.
2. Paphiopedilum Princess Sangwan was produced by the Mae Fah Luang Foundation's Doi Tung Development Project in Chiang Rai. 6 cm long, single flowered inflorescence on 10 cm peduncle, white with maroon streaks or dark marron.
3. Sirindhornia pulchella is a terrestrial orchid, with a pink to whitish pink color, greenish-pink broadly orbicular wings, lip sparse with red and reddish-pink colour, apical part expands to 3 shallow lobes, 10-11 mm, large spur funnel form and slightly curved pollinia.
4. Phalaenopsis Princess Chulabhorn is a new species of orchid named after H.R.H. Princess Chulabhorn, Thailand's foremost sceintist Princess, following a request from the government of Sri Lanka.
5. Dendrobium 'Pink Nagarindra' is the name bestowed upon this species of orchid by H.R.H. Princess Galyani Vadhana, Krom Luang Narathiwas Ratchanagarindra. It is a hybrid orchid of Dendrobium Blushing and Dendrobium "Arica", produced by Mr. Suang Khumwichian (Air Orchids Company). This orchid has a semi-circular flowers of old-rose color, reddish-pink lips, and pale silver specks on the petals that glisten in the light. During winter the entire flowers will turn deep old-rose in color.
6. Ascocendo Sukontharat is the name of this orchid,bestowed by H.R.H. the crown Prince, to be named after Phra Chao Worawong Ther Phra Ong Chao Srirat, the Princess Consort. The word "Sukontharat" means tantalizing fragrance.
Flowers: orange-yellow petal tips, all day long mild fragrant that gets stronger in the morning, flower throughout the year.
7. Dendrobium 'Soamsawali' is the name that Phra Chao Worawong Ther Phra Ong Chao Soamsawali granted on this orchid, has a hanging pale lavender colored inflorescences have faint white streaks on the petals and white peduncle. The lavender colored flowes are generally darker when they start to bloom but will become lighter when in full bloom.
Quantity of stamps : 900,000 pieces per design
Composition : 10 stamps per sheet
Printing Process: Lithography Multi-colour
Designer : Miss Mayuree Narknisorn (Thailand Post Company Limited)
Souvenir Sheet Price : 30.00 Baht
Quantity of S/Sheet : 100,000 Sheets
FDC Price : 42.00 Baht (Saleable at a set of 2 covers)
Quantity of FDC : 15,000 covers