| Details :
||The Road that Connects History
Charoen krung Road or the New Road, starting from Sanamchai Road and reaching the Chao Phraya River at Tok Road, is the first road to have built with Westen technology. It passes through the area of Phra Nakhon, Sumphanthawong, Pomprab Satruphai, Bang Rak, Sathorn and Bang Kholaem District. Its historical value is linked with the architectural structures that lie along the road and the road has been part of the development of Bangkok and its city planning for more 140 years. When Bangkok changed the means of communication from water to the land, Charoen krung Road played a significant role in the transition.
Phraya Srisuriyawong was sent an official visit to Singapore by King Mongkut and on his return to Bangkok, in 1861, rows of shop-houses were built along the new constructed road in the same style as those in Singapore and the King had the road named "Charoen krung Road". Two years later, two more roads were constructed by royal command, Bamrungmeang and Fueng Nakhon Roads. The three roads have been significant in communications, business, transactions and the city's development up to the present time.
Quantity of stamps: 700,000 pieces
Composition: 10 stamps per sheet
Printing Process: Lithography Multi-colour
Designer: Parichart Thatsanatheb (Thailand Post Company Limited)
FDC Price: 10 Baht
FDC Quantity: 15,000 covers