| Details :
The Legend of Floating Buddha Statues
According to the legend, there were five brothers who ordained and became enlightened monks. They prayed together that they would dedicate themselves to help living creatures from suffering. Even after their death, they would continue to make merit for mankind until they achieve nirvana.
When these five monks passed away, their spirit dwelled in five Buddha statues. They displayed their miraculous power by allowing these Buddha statues to float and flow along five rivers until villagers found them. Each Buddha statue was being enshirned at a temple closed to the point where they were found. The five Buddha statues are
- Luangpo Sothorn, Sothorn Warararm Worawiharn Temple, Cha Choeng Sao Province;
- Luangpo Wat Raikhing, Raikhing Temple, Nakhon Pathom Province;
- Luangpo Wat Baan Laem, Wat Phet Samut Worawiharn, Samut Songkharm Province;
- Luangpo Wat Khaotaklao, Khaotaklao Temple, Prtburi Province;
- Luangpo To, Bang Phli Yai Nai Temple, Samut Prakan Province.
***For this year, the day 5th May, 2012 is fell on B.E. 2555 (5-5-55) which is considered to be auspicious time.
Quantity of stamps: 1,000,000 pieces
Sheet Composition: XX stamps per sheet
Printing Process: Lithography Multi-colour
Designer: Veena Chantanatat (Thailand Post Co., Ltd.)
FDC Price: XX Baht
FDC Quantity: 1X,000 covers